Sennelier L'Aquarelle Extra Fine Watercolour box set.
24 Half Pans 2 Brush and a porcelain Palette in Walnut wooden box.
If you're looking for some of the world's best paints you can't go far wrong with the Sennelier artist quality paints. Sennelier have been manufacturing paints since 1887 with paintings in some of the world's greatest museums. Keeping the traditions of the old masters that combining it with new and innovative modern chemistry the quality of the paints are must have.
The Sennelier artist level watercolours have a honey-base. Not only as a preservative that as an additive gives incredible brilliance and smoothness of the paint. Sennelier strives for excellence and has reworked watercolour formula to increase the amount of honey in the paint to reinforce the longevity of the colour, their radiance and luminosity.
Sheet in box to make your own chart.
Colours contained in set:
- Lemon Yellow 501, Series 1 ,T, II, ***, PY3
- Indian Yellow 517, Series 1,T, II, ***, PY154, PY153
- Naples Yellow 566, Series 1, O, I, ***, PBr24
- French Vermillion 675, Series 2, O, I, ***, PR242
- Bright Red 619, Series 2, SO, n.r, ***,nr
- Venetian Red 623, Series 1, O, I, ***, PR101
- Alizarin Crimson 689, Series 1, T, I, ***, PR209, PY83, PR179.
- Carmine 635, Series 3, T, I, ***, PV19.
- Quinacridone Red 679, Series 3, T, II, ***, PR209.
- Opera Rose 659, Series 2, O, n.r. *, fluo, PR81:1.
- Cobalt Violet Light Hue 911, Series 2, O, II, ***, PV16, PR122, PW6.
- Dioxazin Purple 917, Series 3, SO, III, ***, PV23.
- Ultramarine Deep 315, Series 2, T, I, ***, PB29.
- Phthalo Blue 326, Series 1, T, II, ***, PB15:3.
- Cinereous Blue 344, Series 1, O, II, ***, PB15:3, PW4.
- Forest Green 899, Series 1, SO, I, ***, PBk7, PG7, PY42.
- Viridian 837, Series 3, T, I, ***, PG18, PG7.
- Phthalo Green Light 805, Series 1, T, II, ***, PG7, PY153.
- Yellow Ochre 252, Series 1 O, I , ***, PY43.
- Burnt Sienna 211, Series 1, T, I, ***, PBr7.
- Payne's Grey 703, Series 1, SO, I, ***, PV19, PB15:1, PBk7.
- Warm Sepia 440, Series 1, SO, I , ***, PBr7, PBk7.
- Raw Umber 205, Series 1, T, I, ***, PBr7.
- Ivory Black 755, Series 1- O, I, ***, PBk9.
The roots of Sennelier watercolors are to be found in the Impressionist school. At that time, painters drew their inspiration from nature and set out to reproduce natural light. Watercolor technique offered spontaneity, lightness of touch, fluidity and transparency allowing a quick translation of a particular light, vibration or shape. Paul Cézanne, for instance, produced forty or so watercolors of the Mont Sainte Victoire in Provence. Earlier on in England and on the Normandy coast in France, William Turner had turned painting in watercolors as an art form in its own right and had even managed to produce genuine masterpieces. Since then watercolors have become an established part of the history of painting. Artists love them because of their radiance and their spontaneity. It is such a pleasure when the painter plays with the light of the paper and the brightness of fleeting, intense pigments as they glisten, come together and swirl around under his brush producing a whole host of different effects. Watercolors Made in France using traditional methods. L'Aquarelle Sennelier has been produced in the same way for more than a century using the best pigments and top quality Kordofan Gum Arabic as a bonding agent.
- Barcode: 3046450332374
- MPN: 131614
- Box Dimensions : 22 x 19 x 3 cm
- Artists Level: Professional
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
- Artists watercolour set
After trying these artists quality watercolours I can see why they cost more than the standard. The colour jumps out of the page and you need less paint. Worth every penny.
Quality Price Value